Other Important Dates
- Appointments are renewed annually.
- The NIPR website will have available the renewal invoice and a list of appointments due for renewal on June 2020.
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 3:00 PM CDT May 2020
- All appointments added on and after June 2020 will not need to be renewed.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM CDT August, 2020.
The fee is based per company per appointment.
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: 06/06/2020
- Appointment & Terminations Turned Off: No
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Transactions Declined during down time: N/A
- Effective dates honored when processing is turned back on: N/A
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Please contact West Virginia Department of Insurance at OICAgentLicensing@wv.gov if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to the beginning of the appointment renewal period.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
Pearson Vue 1-800)-274-2614
West Virginia Insurance
- One Year
- Every business entity must notify the department in writing of any change in their O/P/O/D - Owners, Officers, Partners, Directors. There is no form or fee to make changes. The notice should be in writing and should contain the business entity name and FEIN and the reported changes. The notice can be faxed, mailed or emailed to the Department.
Fingerprinting is required of all new resident producers, producers amending their license adding a major line and any new resident licensees relocating from another state. To learn more about the fingerprinting requirement, please visit:
- When relocating from another state to West Virginia, a letter of clearance (if state provides) is required. When relocating to another state from West Virginia, it is suggested the individual contact the state to see if a letter of clearance is required or if cancelling the license with WV is sufficient. WV does provide letters of clearance, if required from the relocating state.
- The fee is $10 and the form that is required to be completed and submitted to WV is found at:
Request for Letter of Clearance & Certification
- Letters of clearance are valid for 90 days or an individual may apply within 90 days of cancellation.