Other Important Dates
- Appointments are renewed annually.
- Agency appointment renewals begin August 1, 2019.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM CDT September 3, 2019
- Louisiana appointments paid through the appointment renewal invoice will also be updated after the renewal period ends on with the effective date of 7/31/2020.
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Accident & Health or Sickness, Casualty, Life, Property, Variable Life and Variable Annuity
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Transactions Declined during down time: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointment & Terminations Turned Off: No
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Due to legislative changes there will now be two appointment renewal periods for Louisiana. Agency appointment renewals for 2019 will open from August 1, 2019 to September 3, 2019. Beginning in 2020 agency appointment renewals will post on or around July 1 with a Aug 1 due date. Individual appointment renewals will occur in December. An additional notifice will be posted once the specific dates have been determined.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Producer Licensing Division, Louisiana Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 94214
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9214
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
PSI - 1-800-733-9267