Late Renewal Periods
- Insurance Producer: $25
- Service Representative: $40
- Title Insurance Agent: $10
- Portable Electronics Insurance Small: $25
- Portable Electronics Insurance Large: $25
Additional Late Fees
- March 2, 2020 - March 31, 2020: $250 plus Invoice Fee
- April 1, 2020 - April 30, 2020: $500 plus Invoice Fee
- May 1, 2020 - June 1, 2020: $750 plus Invoice Fee
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal 1% of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5.00 and maximum of $1000.00. NIPR transaction fees and state fees are non-refundable.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Title Insurance Agent, Insurance Large , Insurance Producer, Portable Electronics Insurance, Service Representative, Small Portable Electronics
- Transactions Declined During Down Time: No
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: N/A
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Failure to remit payment by the due date will result in a Late Penalty.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Alabama Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 303351
Montgomery, AL 36130-3351
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
- Producer Licensing Division
- Or under Producers/Agents on home page of website for specifics
- The University of Alabama - Phone: 205-348-3000
- Register and Pay Online
- Fax changes to: 334-240-3282