State Requirements

Massachusetts / Contact Change Request / Individual & Business Entity

Search Again Apply Now

State Fee

  • Fee: $0.00


  • Fee: $0.00

Applicant Can

  • Submit email changes
  • Submit phone number changes
  • Submit PO Boxes for business address (Individuals only)
  • Submit change to state code change of business address (Individuals Only)
  • Submit states code changes for the mailing address. (Both)

Applicant Cannot

  • Submit DHS contact change request (no resident state license on PDB)
  • Submit state code changes business address. Must maintain address in MA. ( Business only).
  • Submit state code changes for the residential address ( Individual)
  • Submit PO Boxes for the business address. (Business only)

Business Rules

  • Applicants cannot submit a CCR transaction if there is no resident state license on PDB.

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Massachusetts Division of Insurance
1000 Washington Street, Suite 810
Boston, MA 02118-6200
United States

Frequently Asked Questions

Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.

A licensee must place their termination letter in writing to the Division of Insurance, Producer Licensing Department’s attention.  In the letter, they must stipulate what they would like to have happen to their licenses.  We prefer that their licenses are also included with the letters.

One year

Send this information in writing to the attention of Duncan Kayondo, Corporate Licensing Administrator. Duncan's email address is

It depends whether one is moving into the state or whether one is moving out of state. A licensee would have to notify the Division of Insurance’s Producer Licensing Department in writing or may call the Department for further instructions at (617- 521-7794 and opt for line #3). 

  • If one is moving into MA, he/she has 90 days to make the changes without having to take the MA exams, of course they would have to terminate their old resident license first.  MA verifies prior licensure via PDB.  
  • If one is moving out of MA, we would need that info in writing and the license would be terminated, as the licensee has now moved out of state.  If the licensee becomes licensed in new state and wants to remain licensed as a non-resident in MA; he/she must notify the Producer Licensing Dept as soon as they hold a new resident license in his/her new resident state.   If there was time left on their MA license which now has a status of moved from state; MA will reactivate license and change to non-resident license.

or call 800-741-9380


  • Include one of the following proof of name change items with your request
    1. A copy of your marriage license
    2. A copy of your driver’s license, displaying your new name
    3. A copy of your Divorce Decree