State Requirements

Hawaii / Non-Resident Adjuster Renewal / Individual

Search Again Apply Now
  • Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
  • All fees are per application.
  • Applicant may late renew up to 1 year past expiration. After 1 year applicant will no longer be eligible to reinstate electronically.

Independent Adjuster

  • Renewal Fee: $90.00
  • Late Renewal Fee: $270.00

Public Adjuster

  • Renewal Fee: $90.00
  • Late Renewal Fee: $270.00

Workers’ Compensation Adjuster

  • Renewal Fee: $90.00
  • Late Renewal Fee: $270.00

Crop Insurance Adjuster

  • Renewal Fee: $90.00
  • Late Renewal Fee: $270.00

Independent Adjuster

  • Independent Adjuster

Public Adjuster

  • Public Adjuster

Workers’ Compensation Adjuster

  • Workers’ Compensation Adjuster

Crop Insurance Adjuster

  • Crop Insurance Adjuster

Applicant Can

  • Submit renewals for individuals electronically.
  • Late renew through NIPR's Non-Resident Adjuster Renewal Application.
  • Print license electronically.

Business Rules

  • All phone and fax numbers entered on application, including authorized submitter information, must contain ten (10) digits.
  • Applicant must be eighteen (18) years old or older as determined from the applicant’s date of birth.
  • Applicants may not have a P.O. Box as their residence or business address.
  • Applicant must provide a valid business email address and business phone number.
  • If license went inactive before the expiration date, the applicant must contact the Hawaii Division of Insurance.
  • If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions, please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.
  • Applicant must provide a valid US business address, mailing address and phone number
  • Workers’ Compensation Adjuster applicants are required to:
    • Pass the Hawaii Workers Compensation insurance adjuster examination for resident and non-resident initial applications AND renewals.
  • Crop Insurance Adjuster applicants are required to:
    • Submit a valid, unexpired, Crop Adjuster Proficiency Program ("CAPP") card to the Attachment Warehouse for resident and non-resident initial applications AND renewals. There is no exam required for resident or non-resident applicants.

All License Classes

Starts: 90 days prior to expiration date.

Ends: Last day of the birth month

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Hawaii Division of Insurance
P.O. Box 3614
Honolulu, HI 96813-3614
United States

Frequently Asked Questions

Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.

Go to Look under "AGENT & AGENCY LICENSES" for all applicable information for Licensing section.

Active Hawaii Resident Producer Converting to Hawaii Nonresident Producer:

  1. Go to and submit Form AC 
  2. Letter of Certification issued by your new home state showing that you are licensed as a Resident Producer.
  3. Go to and submit : Form APPT 

Active Hawaii Nonresident Producer Converting to Hawaii Resident Producer:

  1. If the National Producer Database (PDB) shows that you currently hold an active resident license in another state, a clearance letter from that state will be required.
  2. Successfully pass the Hawaii Insurance License Exam(s). Contact our exam administrator, Pearson Vue to register for an exam. Call toll free at 1-800-274-2608. View our Candidate Handbook at Pearson Vue's website. Exam is not required if application is received within ninety days of the cancellation of the applicant's previous resident license and if the producer was licensed in good standing.
  3. Obtain fingerprints. See instructions
  4. A complete paper application includes:
    1. Form HPL – Hawaii Application for Individual Insurance License. Or NAIC Uniform Application. Submit one with original signature.
    2. Licensing Fees. Make check payable to DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS.
    3. Appointments:Form APPT – Notice of New Appointment

Two Years

Contacting Pearson VUE at 1-800-274-2608


Visit the Pearson VUE website

Submit a NTA form: Go to and find the form

Submit a NTA form: Go to and find the form

HI is not an affiliation State. The documents found at the following links must be submitted to add/delete a designated representative.

To Add Form - Go to and find Form ADR

To Delete Form - Go to and find Form RDR


Report the changes to State of Hawaii insurance licensing branch at

To request a Letter of Certification or a Letter of Clearance: Go to and find Form LC

Go to and find Form VS

To Add or Remove a Line of Authority from a Hawaii license: Go to and find Form ARC

NIPR is currently working with Hawaii to make access to Continuing Education (CE) transcript data available via MYNIPR. 


Click here to be directed to MyNIPR application.