West Virginia

State Contact Information & FAQ

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
Agents Licensing & Education
P.O. Box 50541
Charleston, WV 25305-0541
United States

Frequently Asked Questions

Pearson Vue 1-(800)-274-2614
West Virginia Insurance

  • One Year

  • Every business entity must notify the department in writing of any change in their O/P/O/D - Owners, Officers, Partners, Directors. There is no form or fee to make changes. The notice should be in writing and should contain the business entity name and FEIN and the reported changes. The notice can be faxed, mailed or emailed to the Department.
  • OICagentlicensing@wv.gov

Fingerprinting is required of all new resident producers, producers amending their license adding a major line and any new resident licensees relocating from another state.  To learn more about the fingerprinting requirement, please visit:
Fingerprint FAQs

When relocating from another state to West Virginia, a letter of clearance (if state provides) is required. When relocating to another state from West Virginia, it is suggested the individual contact the state to see if a letter of clearance is required or if cancelling the license with WV is sufficient.

To print this documentation. This documentation will serve in lieu of a letter of clearance or letter of certification.

  • To print off the letter of clearance or certification in SBS solar, please use the following steps:
    •  Please visit or click https://www.wvinsurance.gov/Divisions/Licensing
    •  On the right-hand side, under the links section, please click on licensee lookup.
    •  The license manager screen will appear. Please enter jurisdiction as West Virginia and other required information for the customer.
    •  This page may be printed and will serve in lieu of a letter of clearance or certification.
  • Please note, state licensing departments are also encouraged to check the producer database (PDB) for updated licensing status in West Virginia.