When relocating from another state to West Virginia, a letter of clearance (if state provides) is required. When relocating to another state from West Virginia, it is suggested the individual contact the state to see if a letter of clearance is required or if cancelling the license with WV is sufficient.
To print this documentation. This documentation will serve in lieu of a letter of clearance or letter of certification.
- To print off the letter of clearance or certification in SBS solar, please use the following steps:
- Please visit or click https://www.wvinsurance.gov/Divisions/Licensing
- On the right-hand side, under the links section, please click on licensee lookup.
- The license manager screen will appear. Please enter jurisdiction as West Virginia and other required information for the customer.
- This page may be printed and will serve in lieu of a letter of clearance or certification.
- Please note, state licensing departments are also encouraged to check the producer database (PDB) for updated licensing status in West Virginia.