CALIFORNIA Contact Change Request


Primary Rules    |   License Printing    |   Business Rules   |   Fees   |   Contacts & FAQs

State Announcements

All NIPR license application services for California Department of Insurance will be unavailable August 8, 2019 from 3pm CDT through August 18, 2019 for California's back office system transition to Sircon. Applications will be available on Monday, August 19, 2019.

Primary Rules

Response Rule
Yes Accepts contact change request for any license on NIPR's Producer Database (PDB)
No Accepts DHS contact change request (no resident state license on PDB)
No Tracks counties
Yes Accepts Email Changes
Yes Accepts Phone number Changes
Resident Licensees
No Accepts change to state code of residence address
No Accepts change to state code of business address
No Accepts change to state code of mailing address
Non-Resident Licensees
Yes* Accepts change to state code of residence address
Yes* Accepts change to state code of business address
Yes* Accepts change to state code of mailing address

*Address must match respective resident/home state license address.

License Printing

To print your license, click the state on NIPR's Producer Licensing Map.

Business Rules

P.O. Boxes are allowed for mailing addresses.

Applicant's California license record must be active on PDB before completing a Contact Change Request (CCR) transaction.

Applicant must have a resident license on PDB to submit a CCR for California.

Resident applicants must maintain a resident or business address in California.

Non-Resident applicants' resident and business address cannot both be in the state of California.

Applicants holding a non-resident license in this state may not make changes to the state of an address from what is on file, as this may necessitate a change in resident status. Contact the state department of insurance to make such changes.

Submitted residence address must match residence address for resident/home state license or a CCR for resident/home state license must be submitted concurrently.

Special Instructions for Bail & Adjuster Licenses:
Bail license and Adjuster license address changes will need to be made directly with the California Department of Insurance.

In order for this address to reflect on the Producer Database, you will need to submit a Change of Address form faxed or emailed to the state. If the business address is changing please note on the form: "Change of address for BLA & ABLA".

If the address needs to only reflect in the department's database you may use the state's online address change service.


Fee Detail
State Fee


Last Update: 2/18/2016