Other Important Dates
- Appointment billing process begins January 05, 2024.
- Renewal period - appointment invoice and a list of agents associated with the invoice will be available on the NIPR Web site at nipr.com beginning the morning of January 05, 2024, through 4:00 p.m. Central Time March 15, 2024.
- The deadline to submit an agent termination is December 31, 2023. No reconciliation will be allowed on or after January 5, 2024.
- Appointments added on or after January 5, 2024, will not be included on this year’s invoice
- If the company fails to pay the renewal invoice by the March 15, 2024, deadline, all agent appointments will be terminated. In order to activate those appointments, the company will need to re-appoint and pay initial appointment fees.
- Intermediary (Agent) Individual Resident: $16
- Intermediary (Agent) Individual Non-Resident: $30
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
There is a $60,000 limit on Credit Card payments. If invoice exceeds $60,000, applicant must choose an alternative payment method.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
- Transactions Declined During Down Time: N/A
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Appointment terminations can only be processed for appointments that are shown as active on the Producer Database (PDB) at the time the termination transaction is sent to NIPR.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Wisconsin Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Mailing - Agent Licensing
P.O. Box 7872
Madison, WI 53707-7872
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
- 30 days
NIPR is currently working with Wisconsin to make access to Continuing Education (CE) transcript data available via MYNIPR.
Click here to be directed to MyNIPR application.