2020 Appointment Renewals Announcement
Other Important Dates
- Appointment billing process begins January 08, 2020.
- Renewal period - appointment invoice and a list of agents associated with the invoice will be available on the NIPR Web site at nipr.com beginning 9:00 a.m. CST, January 08, 2020 through 4:00 p.m. CDT March 18, 2020.
- The deadline to submit an agent termination is December 31, 2019 of the current year. No reconciliation will be allowed on or after January 1, 2019.
- Appointments added on or after 01/01/2020 will not be included on this year’s invoice
- If the company fails to pay the renewal invoice by the March 18, 2020, deadline, all agent appointments will be terminated. In order to activate those appointments, the company will need to re-appoint and pay initial appointment fees.
- Intermediary (Agent) Individual Resident: $16
- Intermediary (Agent) Individual Non-Resident: $30
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
- Transactions Declined During Down Time: N/A
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Appointment terminations can only be processed for appointments that are shown as active on the Producer Database (PDB) at the time the termination transaction is sent to NIPR.
- Companies who had previously qualified for Office of the Commissioner of Insurance exemption from the electronic appointment process will need to set up an account directly with NIPR or one of their Authorized Business Partnersto submit their appointment transactions. As of November 23, 2015, Office of the Commissioner of Insurance stopped accepting appointment and termination paper forms and must be submitted electronically.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Wisconsin Office of the Insurance Commissioner
Mailing - Agent Licensing
P.O. Box 7872
Madison, WI 53707-7872