- Life and Accident & Health or Sickness (Fee applies to the grouping)
- Property & Casualty (Fee applies to the grouping)
- Variable Life and Variable Annuity
- Personal Lines
- Car Rental
- Portable Electronics
- Self Storage
NIPR Processing Fees
- Fees are per LOA
- Vermont does not charge a fee for states Domiciled in VT.
- Life and Health & Accident or Sickness grouping is charged a single fee.
- Property and Casualty grouping is charged a single fee.
- Fees for all states except Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts- $60 per LOA
- Life and Accident & Health or Sickness Grouping Fee- $60
- Property and Casualty Grouping Fee- $60
- Fees for Maine- $70 per LOA except for:
- ME- Life and Accident & Health or Sickness Grouping $70
- ME- Property and Casualty Grouping $70
- Fees for Massachusetts- $100 per LOA except for:
- MA- Property & Casualty Grouping Fee: $150
- MA- Life and Accident & Health or Sickness Grouping Fee- $100
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Life , Accident & Health or Sickness , Variable Life and Variable Annuity , Property , Casualty, Personal Lines , Car Rental , Credit , Self Storage , Travel , Title , Portable Electronics
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and appointment renewal invoices cannot be paid directly to the Vermont Department of Insurance.
- Companies will be billed for appointments that have active licenses of both company and appointee.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments after May 31, 2022.
- All appointments submitted on and after May 31, 2022 will not need to be renewed for the current year and will be included on the next renewal cycle in 2023.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- If an invoice appears to be inaccurate, please do not pay immediately and contact NIPR Support at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Vermont Department of Financial Regulation
89 Main Street
Montpelier, VT 05620-3101
Producer and Individual Licensing: http://www.vermontinsuranceagent.info/
License Printing: https://sbs.naic.org/solar-external-lookup/license-manager
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
The scores are good for 2 years from the date of the examination.
If you need to change your name on record with the Department, please submit the change in writing along with a copy of the documentation that supports the name change, such as a copy of your marriage certificate or copy of official court documentation supporting the name change. You can scan and email the documents to email@example.com or fax the documents to (802) 828-1633.
If you need to change your name on record with the Department, please submit the change in writing along with a copy of the documentation that supports the name change, such as a copy of official court documentation supporting the name change. You can scan and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the documents to (802) 828-1633.
Currently, they send the changes into the Department. It can be done via email to email@example.com or fax to 802-828-1633.
Changes to Owner’s Partners Officers and Directors do not need to be reported to the state.
They would send the request in as a voluntary surrender of license, must be signed and dated by the individual licensee. They can scan and email attachment, fax, or send regular mail to: Attn: Producer Licensing, Department of Financial Regulation, 89 Main Street, Montpelier, VT 05602-3101.