2019 Appointment Renewals Announcement
Late Renewal Periods
- Turned off:
- Turned off:
- Turned on:
Other Important Dates
- Appointments are renewed in even years.
- The NIPR website will have available the renewal invoice and a list of appointments due for renewal on September 1, 2020.
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 3:00 PM CDT August 26, 2020.
- Any appointment submitted on or after August 27, 2020 will not be included on this year's invoice and will automatically receive the appointment status date of September 2022.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM CDT December 1, 2020.
- General: $100
- Local: $40
- Travel: $20
Additional Late Fees
- General: $85
- Local: $85
- Travel: $85
Late fee charged in addition to appointment fee.
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Insurance Producer, Limited Lines Insurance Producer
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Transactions Declined during down time: N/A
- Appointments will update to show renewed on PDB: 09/30/2020
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Appointments are renewed for two years for individuals.
- Please contact South Carolina Department of Insurance if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to August 2020.