Late Renewal Periods
Other Important Dates
- Appointments are renewed in even years.
- The NIPR website will have available the renewal invoice and a list of appointments due for renewal on September 1, 2024.
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 3:00 PM CDT August 26, 2024.
- Any appointment submitted on or after August 27, 2024 will not be included on this year's invoice and will automatically receive the appointment status date of September 2026.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM CDT December 1, 2024.
- General: $100
- Local: $40
- Travel: $20
Additional Late Fees
- General: $250
- Local: $250
- Travel: $250
Late fee charged in addition to appointment fee.
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Insurance Producer, Limited Lines Insurance Producer
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Transactions Declined during down time: N/A
- Appointments will update to show renewed on PDB: 09/30/2024
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Appointments are renewed for two years for individuals.
- Please contact South Carolina Department of Insurance if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to August 26, 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
Pearson Vue or Call 1-877-759-5226
Email a signed written request on agency letterhead.
NIPR is currently working with South Carolina to make access to Continuing Education (CE) transcript data available via MYNIPR.
Click here to be directed to MyNIPR application.