Late Renewal Periods
Other Important Dates
- Terminations for appointments that you do not wish to renew must be received by NIPR no later than 5pm CST January 2020 to allow sufficient time for processing and posting to PDB before the renewal billings are created.
- No Appointment and Termination transactions will be accepted if not submitted after 5pm January 2020. Appointment and Termination transactions will be accepted when processing resumes on January 2020.
- Any appointment that is active on January 2020 will be included on the invoice.
- On February 2020, the NIPR website will have the renewal invoice and a list of appointments due for the renewal of the above-named licensees.
- Invoice payments are due by March 2020 A short grace period will allow NIPR to accept payments until May 2020 after which all invoices that have not been paid will be removed from the website.
- Invoices will not be displayed on the NIPR website after May 2020 at 5 pm CDT.
- All appointments will be canceled if the invoice is not paid by May 2020.
- There are no late fees assessed if paid during grace period (April 1st – May 15th).
- Fees are per appointment per appointment.
- Title Insurance Agent: $10
- Auto Physical Damage: $10
- Producer: $10
- County Farm Mutual Insurance Agent: $10
- Limited Representative: $20
- Credit Agent: $20
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Agent, Auto Physical Damage, County Farm Mutual Insurance, Credit Agent Individual, Insurance Producer, Limited Representative, Title Insurance
- Transactions Declined During Down Time: N/A
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- NIPR will not process appointment renewals for Risk Retention Group Agent and Purchasing Group Agent. These renewals can be processed directly through the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
Contact InformationMailing Address
North Carolina Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 14209
Raleigh, NC 27620
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state..
NCDOI will honor a test score for up to one year after the exam.
Candidates required to complete Pre-licensing Education must pass their examination(s) within 90 days of the education completion date OR within 5 examination attempts over the 90 day period, whichever comes first
Send written notification to Agent Services Division, 1204 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-1204. The notification must include the previous and new name, social security number and the licensee's signature. Attach a copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal document showing the reason for the name change. The written notice may also be sent by email or by fax to 888-959-3010.
Send written notification on letterhead to Agent Services Division, 1204 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-1204. The notification must include the name and NPN or SSN of the new officer/owner and instructions regarding the old officer/owner. If the new owner is a business entity, provide the FEIN. The written notice may also be faxed to 888-959-3010 or sent via email as an attachment.
Return the license(s) with a written request to cancel them. Be sure the request is signed. If you are unable to find your license(s), submit a statement requesting license cancellation. The statement must be signed and must indicate which licenses you wish canceled. Indicate your name and complete social security number. Agent Services Division accepts third-party license cancellations for company-sponsored licenses only.
Pearson VUE 1- 800-274-0668
Send written notification to Agent Services Division, 1204 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-1204. The notification must include the previous and new name and tax identification number. IF THE NAME CHANGE ALSO INVOLVES A CHANGE OF TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, THEN THE BUSINESS ENTITY MUST REAPPLY FOR LICENSURE USING THE NC-CP APPLICATION, FEE, AND ATTACH THE REQUIRED CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY FROM THE NC SECRETARY OF STATE SHOWING THE NEW NAME. The written notice may also be sent by email or by fax to 888-959-3010.
NC does not do affiliations. For changes of DRLP, send written notification on letterhead to Agent Services Division, 1204 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-1204. The notification must include the name and NPN of the new DRLP and instructions regarding the old DRLP (delete or leave). The written notice may also be sent via email as an attachment or by fax to 888-959-3010.