Other Important Dates
- The NIPR website will have the renewal invoices and a list of appointments due for renewal on June 1, 2022.
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 4:00 PM CDT May 25, 2022.
- All appointments added on and after May 25, 2022, will not need to be renewed.
- Appointment Invoice payments are due by August 31, 2022.
- Motor Club Representative: $2 per appointment
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable
- Please contact Maryland Department of Insurance if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to May 25, 2022.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Maryland Insurance Administration
Attention: Producer Licensing Unit
200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
Prometric link: https://www.prometric.com/maryland/insurance
Prometric Candidate Handbook: https://www.prometric.com/sites/default/files/2020-09/MDINS%20Candidate%20Bulletin%209-28.pdf
- Six Months