Other Important Dates
- The NIPR website will have the renewal invoices and a list of appointments due for renewal on June 1, 2023.
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 4:00 PM CDT May 25, 2023.
- All appointments added on and after May 25, 2023, will not need to be renewed.
- Appointment Invoice payments are due by August 31, 2023.
- Motor Club Representative: $2 per appointment
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable
- Please contact Maryland Department of Insurance if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to May 25, 2023.
Contact InformationMailing Address
Maryland Insurance Administration
Attention: Producer Licensing Unit
200 St. Paul Place, Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax: (410) 468-2399
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
Prometric link: https://www.prometric.com/maryland/insurance
Prometric Candidate Handbook: https://www.prometric.com/sites/default/files/2020-09/MDINS%20Candidate%20Bulletin%209-28.pdf
- Six Months
- To surrender a license or delete a line of authority, email request to email@example.com or fax to 410-468-2399
- State FAQ & Contact Information
- Request for Letters of Certification/Clearance