Late Renewal Periods
Other Important Dates
- Termination notices for individual appointments that you do not wish to renew must be received by NIPR no later than 11:59 pm Central Time January 1, 2023 to allow enough time for processing before the renewal invoices are created.
- On January 6, 2023, the NIPR website will display the invoice and a list of appointments due for renewal.
- Appointment renewal fees will be due by 3 pm Central Time March 31, 2023 for all appointments to be renewed.
- Appointments may late renew for double the original fee, pursuant to Kentucky Law, if paid by 3 pm Central Time June 30, 2023.
- Invoices will not be available on 3 pm Central Time March 31, 2023 through 8 am Central Time April 2, 2023 to allow invoice fee updates.
- All appointments will be canceled if the invoice is not paid by 3 pm Central Time June 30, 2023.
- Non-Resident Individuals - Producer $50
- Non-Resident Individuals - Business Entity $120
- Resident Individuals - Producer $40
- Resident Individuals - Business Entity $100
Additional Late Fees
- Non-Resident Individuals - Producer $100
- Non-Resident Individuals - Business Entity $240
- Resident Individuals - Producer $80
- Resident Individuals - Business Entity $200
Please note, the renewal amount is DOUBLED, pursuant to Kentucky Law, if payment is not received in full by close of business March 31, 2023 (3 pm CDT). All appointments will expire if not paid in full by close of business June 30, 2023 (3 pm CDT)
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal one percent of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5 and maximum of $1000.
NIPR fees are not refundable.
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Life , Health , Other Lines, Variable Annuity, Variable Life
- Transactions Declined During Down Time: N/A
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: N/A
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: N/A
- Payments for Kentucky appointment renewals must be received by NIPR through the electronic options made available. If you are unable to process appointment renewals electronically, please contact Lee Webb at the Agent Licensing Division (502) 564-6004 for assistance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate or remove any names from the invoice.
- There is no "black-out" period for Kentucky appointments and appointment terminations. Carriers can continue to submit changes throughout the renewal period.
- Please note, the renewal amount is doubled, pursuant to Kentucky Law, if payment is not received, processed, and paid in full by close of business March 31, 2023 (3 pm CDT). All appointments will expire if not paid in full by close of business June 30, 2023 (3 pm CDT).
- Invoices will not be available on 3 pm CDT March 31, 2023 through 8 am CDT April 2, 2023 to allow invoice fee updates.
Kentucky Department of Insurance
500 Mero Street, 2 SE 11
Frankfort, KY 40601
Kentucky Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 517
Frankfort, KY 40602
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
Kentucky Department of Insurance 1-502-564-6004
- Exams are valid up to 12 months.