State Requirements

Kansas / Non-Resident Licensing / Individual

Search Again Apply Now
  • Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
  • Agent license Reinstatement fees vary depending on the reinstatement period the license is in.
    • $150 - First Reinstatement Period: Ninety (91) days past expiration date up to one (1) year. 
    • $180 - Second Reinstatement Period: One (1) year past expiration date up to four (4) years.
  • Excess Lines licenses only have one reinstatement period.

    • $50 - Reinstatement Period: Ninety (91) days past expiration up to four (4) years.


  • Fee: $80.00
  • Amendment Fee: $0.00

Excess Lines

  • Fee: $50.00
  • Please note that license class names can vary by state.
  • Application for Other lines will defer to the state for review.


  • Life
  • Health
  • Variable Contracts
  • Property
  • Casualty
  • Personal Lines
  • Crop
  • Travel
  • Bail Bonds
  • Self-Service Storage
  • Title

Excess Lines

  • None

Applicant Can

  • Accepts initial license for individuals electronically.
  • Submit major lines of authority.
  • Submit limited lines of authority.
  • Submit excess lines for individuals.
  • Add lines of authority (amend) to an existing active license.
  • Reinstate/reapply through NIPR's Non-Resident License (NRL) Application.
  • License printing available electronically.

Business Rules

  • Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years old or older as determined from the applicant's date of birth.

  • Applicant's name, birth date, license number, state of residence, Tax ID, and National Producer Number (NPN) must match current Producer Database (PDB) record for resident state.

  • Applicant must provide a valid country code and business email.

  • Applicant's mailing address must be either his or her residence address or a personal P.O. Box.

  • Applicant may not apply for a license in their own resident state.

  • Applicants with serious RIRS actions or 1033 actions applications will be deferred to the state for review.

  • Applicant applying for Variable Contracts must have an active variable license in their resident state and must supply FINRA CRD number on application.

  • Excess Lines applicants must actively hold both Property and Casualty lines in their resident state.

  • If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.

Frequently Asked Questions

Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.

Exam scores are valid for one (1) year from exam date. 

To surrender a resident insurance license, the agent should submit a written request, providing name and national producer number (NPN) directly to the Kansas Department of Insurance.