State Requirements

Connecticut / Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing / Individual

Search Again Apply Now
  • Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
  • Per application.
  • Amendment fee will be license fee.

Casualty Adjuster

  • Fee: $130.00
  • Reinstatement Fee: $130.00

MVPD Appraiser

  • Fee: $130.00
  • Reinstatement Fee: $130.00

Public Adjuster

  • Fee: $300.00
  • Reinstatement Fee: $300.00
  • Please note that license class names can vary by state.
  • For information related to examination requirement including scheduling an examination please review information available on the state's website:

Casualty Adjuster

  • CA - All Lines
  • CA - All Lines Except WC
  • CA - Auto Only
  • CA - Workers Compensation Only

MVPD Appraiser

  • Auto Physical Damage

Public Adjuster

  • Property

Applicant Can

  • Submit adjuster for individuals electronically.
  • Submit adjuster for business entities electronically.
  • Submit Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) electronically.
  • Reinstate a license electronically through the Non Resident Adjuster License Application.
  • Add lines of authority to an existing active license electronically.
  • Print license electronically.

Applicant Cannot

  • Submit adjuster for business entities electronically.

Business Rules

  • In order for an applicant to designate a home state during the application process, the applicant must have an active non-resident adjuster license on the Producer Database (PDB) and no active resident adjuster license.

  • In order for an applicant to designate a home state, the applicant MUST NOT have an active resident adjuster license on PDB (in any state).

  • Applicants that have an active resident producer (non-adjuster) license and no active resident adjuster license may apply for an adjuster license using the resident producer (non-adjuster) license.

  • If applicant holds an active resident producer (non-adjuster) license in a state that licenses resident adjusters and is designating an active non-resident adjuster license as their home state license, the application will be declined.

  • If applicant has an active producer (non-adjuster) license in a state that does not license adjusters, and no active non adjuster license, applicant must use current active resident license to apply for non-resident adjuster license.

  • Applicant may choose to change the designated home state license currently on record.

  • Applicant may NOT select Connecticut as Adjuster Designated Home State while applying for a Non Resident Connecticut license.

  • Public Adjusters cannot designate a home state.

  • An affiliation is not required and the applicant may proceed past the "Affiliations" page on the uniform application.

  • Casualty Adjuster and MVPD Appraisers applicants may reinstate the day after expiration date.

  • Casualty Adjuster and MVPD Appraiser applicants cannot enter 'Doing Business As" (DBA) name.

  • Casualty Adjuster applicants cannot apply for more than one line of authority within license class on the same application.

  • The application information will be reviewed and processed by the Connecticut Insurance Department. Most applications will be processed within 7-10 business days.

  • The applicant will receive email notification from the State once the LICENSE has been APPROVED. Check for your approved license at: On the home page, select Licensing. On Licensing’s Home Page, select Verify and Print a License.

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Connecticut Insurance Department
P.O. BOX 816
Hartford, CT 06142-0816
United States

Producer Licensing Fax: (860) 297-3978
TPA Fax: (860) 297-3872

Go to State Website

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Producer:  One Year
  • Adjuster:   One Year

Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.