- Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
- Per application.
- No late renewals.
- Renewal Fee: $55.00
Surplus Line Broker
- Renewal Fee: $200.00
- Please note that license class names can vary by state.
- Applications for Other lines of authority will defer to state for approval.
- Variable Life and Variable Annuity
- Personal Lines
Surplus Line Broker
- No Line of Authority Required
- Submit renewals for individuals electronically.
- Submit renewals for major lines of authority.
- Submit renewals for surplus lines for individuals.
- Print license electronically.
- Submit renewals for limited lines of authority.
- Renew partial lines.
Applicant must provide a valid email address as their point of contact for all WA State licensing matters.
The NIPR Resident License Renewal (RLR) Application may not be used to renew licenses classes other than Insurance Producer and Surplus Line Broker. Please renew all other license types through the Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner by going to the state OIC's website.
Applicant cannot late renew license through NIPR, only through the OIC's website.
All available active lines must be renewed at the same time.
Applicant cannot renew if they hold any active license class outside of insurance producer. Licensee must hold exactly one active Washington license class to be eligible to renew.
After license has been issued but prior to representing a business entity, applicant must be affiliated. Affiliations must be completed by the business entity on the Washington state website.
Applicant cannot renew an insurance producer license if they hold any active lines of authority (LOAs) other than life, disability, property, casualty, personal lines, or Variable Life and Variable Annuity.
Variable Life and Variable Annuity renewal applicants must hold active life line of authority (LOA) in Washington.
Applicants must go to the State website renew if less than ten (10) days prior to the license expiration date.
If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via secure email (contact OIC for information on how to submit).
All License Classes
Renewal Period Begins: Ninety (90) days prior through ten (10) days prior to expiration date.
Renewal Period Ends: Last day of birth month
- NIPR does not verify compliance with the states CE requirement prior to allowing submission of a renewal application, however compliance is required prior to the states approval of the request. You may select your resident state on the following link: Verify My CE to view your CE transcript and determine whether the state has updated your status to compliant in their system and on what date. It generally takes up to 72 hours from the compliance date for the status to be updated in our system.
- If your license requires Continuing Education, your application will not be processed until the Continuing Education has been completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state..
- PSI 1-800-733-9267
- 180 Days
- Changes to Owner’s Partners Officers and Directors do not need to be reported to the state.
- Send us your written request via fax (360-586-2019) . Make sure it includes: Licensee name, WAOIC number, and Signature.
- The date we process your request will be your license-cancellation date. Requests for surrender/cancellation of license will not be processed if an open investigation is underway.