- Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
- Per application.
- Fee: $60.00
Surplus Lines Producer
- Fee: $205.00
- NIPR does not verify exams prior to allowing submission of an application, however, an exam is required prior to the states approval of the request.
- Please note that license class names can vary by state.
- Applications for Other lines of authority will defer to state for approval.
- Personal Lines
No Exam Required
- Variable Life and Variable Annuity
Surplus Line Broker
- No Line of Authority Required
- Submit initial license for individuals electronically.
- Submit major lines of authority.
- Submit surplus lines for individuals.
- Print license electronically.
- Add lines of authority (amend) to an existing active license.
- Reinstate/reapply through NIPR's Resident License (RL) Application.
Washington state requires resident applicants to submit their fingerprints electronically for a background check. Please visit the WAOIC website for more information.
Applicant must provide a valid email address as their point of contact for all WA State licensing matters.
- Applicants who hold inactive Washington licenses can:
- If applicant has ever had a Washington State license, they are required to go through the state website in order to be re-licensed.
- Reissue a license that was canceled prior to its expiration date which is still in the future through Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner through Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner on the state website.
- Reapply for a license that expired more than three hundred and sixty-five (365) days after the expiration date through Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner on the state website.
- Reinstate their license sixty-one (61) to three hundred and sixty-five (365) days after expiration date through Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner through Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner on the state website.
Applicants for the Variable Life and Variable Annuity must supply FINRA CRD number on application.
Surplus Lines applicants must first hold an active Property and Casualty license before applying.
Variable Life and Variable Annuity applicants must hold active resident life LOA, or apply concurrently for life LOA, to be eligible for Variable Life and Variable Annuity.
Applicants applying for, or who already hold, property and casualty LOAs in Washington, may not also apply for personal lines.
If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via secure email (contact OIC for information on how to submit).
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state..
- PSI 1-800-733-9267
- 180 Days
- Changes to Owner’s Partners Officers and Directors do not need to be reported to the state.
- Send us your written request via fax (360-586-2019) . Make sure it includes: Licensee name, WAOIC number, and Signature.
- The date we process your request will be your license-cancellation date. Requests for surrender/cancellation of license will not be processed if an open investigation is underway.