- Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
- All fees are charged per application.
- Applicants who are reinstating an inactive license will be charged the initial licensing fee.
- Missouri application fees are non-refundable. Avoid these common errors, which result in non-refundable payment of fees.
- Applicant marked the incorrect line of authority when completing the application.
- Applicant applied for an agency license that was already held by the agency.
- Applicant completed two (2) identical applications.
- Applicant applied for a license they are not required to hold.
- Applicant applied for a license they were not qualified to hold.
- Fee: $100.00
- Amendment Fee: $100.00
- Fee: $100.00
- NIPR verifies exams prior to allowing submission of an application.
- Please note that license class names can vary by state.
- Accident & Health or Sickness
- Personal Lines
No Exam Required
- Variable Life and Variable Annuities
- No Line of Authority Required
- Submit initial license for individuals electronically.
- Submit major lines of authority.
- Submit limited lines of authority.
- Submit surplus lines for individuals.
- Add lines of authority (amend) to an existing active license.
- Reinstate/reapply through NIPR's Resident License (RL) Application.
- Print licenses electronically.
An applicant may not apply electronically if a resident license was held in another state within the past ninety (90) days.
Applicant must provide a residence and/or business address in the state.
Applicant must not a have an active non-resident license in the state.
Non-citizens must submit work authorization.
Applicant applying for line of authority (LOA) of Variable Life and Variable Annuities must hold active resident life line of authority (LOA) or be applying for life line of authority (LOA).
Resident Surplus Lines Producers must hold an active insurance producer license with active property and casualty lines of authority (LOA).
Insurance Producer applicant will be allowed to late-renew license electronically for up to one year past license expiration date. After one year the applicant may reinstate through the initial licensing application.
Surplus lines applicant can reapply for their license starting the day after the expiration date. Note: exam requirements and all initial licensing requirements apply for surplus lines reinstatement transactions.
If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
- Pearson Vue 1-866-274-4740
- One Year
- MO Dept of Revenue
- (573) 751-7202
- Licensee must submit a signed statement indicating that they wish to cancel or surrender license or line of authority. Statement must include licensee name and license number.
- The statement may be e-mailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 573-526-3416.