State Contact Information & FAQ


Contact Information

Mailing Address

Hawaii Division of Insurance
P.O. Box 3614
Honolulu, HI 96813-3614
United States

Frequently Asked Questions

Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.

Go to http://cca.hawaii.gov/ins/. Look under "AGENT & AGENCY LICENSES" for all applicable information for Licensing section.

Active Hawaii Resident Producer Converting to Hawaii Nonresident Producer:

  1. Form AC Change of address
  2. Letter of Certification issued by your new home state showing that you are licensed as a Resident Producer.
  3. Appointments:Form APPT – Notice of New Appointment

Active Hawaii Nonresident Producer Converting to Hawaii Resident Producer:

  1. If the National Producer Database (PDB) shows that you currently hold an active resident license in another state, a clearance letter from that state will be required.
  2. Successfully pass the Hawaii Insurance License Exam(s). Contact our exam administrator, Pearson Vue to register for an exam. Call toll free at 1-800-274-2608. View our Candidate Handbook at Pearson Vue's website. Exam is not required if application is received within ninety days of the cancellation of the applicant's previous resident license and if the producer was licensed in good standing.
  3. Obtain fingerprints. See instructions
  4. A complete paper application includes:
    1. Form HPL – Hawaii Application for Individual Insurance License. Or NAIC Uniform Application. Submit one with original signature.
    2. Licensing Fees. Make check payable to DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS.
    3. Appointments:Form APPT – Notice of New Appointment

Two Years

Contacting Pearson VUE at 1-800-274-2608


Visit the Pearson VUE website

HI is not an affiliation State. The documents found at the following links must be submitted to add/delete a designated representative.

To Add Form

To Delete Form

Report the changes to State of Hawaii insurance licensing branch at inslic@dcca.hawaii.gov

Go to online CCR service via NIPR, or contact State of Hawaii insurance licensing branch

Licensees may submit this form to request a Letter of Certification or a Letter of Clearance: Request Letter

The following link must be submitted to cancel or surrender a license: Voluntary Surrender of Insurance License

The following link should be submitted to Add or Remove a Line of Authority from a Hawaii license: Add/Remove LOA