- Turned off:
- Turned on:
- Turned off:
- Turned on:
Other Important Dates
- Appointments are renewed annually.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM CDT, July, 2019.
- Invoice fees Based on the Residency of the Appointee
- Resident: $20
- Non-Resident: $60
NIPR Processing Fees
NIPR Transaction Fees:
1% of total state fees charged.
- Payment Method Fees: Credit Card or Electronic Check. There is a $60,000 limit on Credit Card payments. If invoice exceeds $60,000, applicant must choose an alternative payment method.
- Electronic Check: There are no check fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method, but NIPR fees will apply.
- NIPR ACH – 9431763793
License Classes / Lines of Authority
Exchange Agency, Exchange Producer, Insurance Producer, Purchasing Group Broker, Risk Retention Agency, Risk Retention Agent, Title Agency, Title Agent
- Transactions Declined During Down Time: Yes
- Effective Dates Honored When Processing is Turned On: No
- PDB Alerts Turned Off: No
- Appointments Updated to Show Renewed on PDB: Yes
- Appointment & Terminations Turned Off: Yes
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and continuation invoices cannot be paid directly to the Department of Insurance.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate any appointments on the list, once the invoice and list has been generated and made available.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to the state within 24 hours of that payment.
- Appointment Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- Please contact Arkansas Department of Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to the company appointment renewal period beginning.
- Paper terminations will be accepted by the state also until May 1, 2019. Please note that paper terminations may take 15 working days for the state to process.
- If appointment renewal invoices are not paid before 4:00pm CDT on July 1, 2019, the appointment will be cancelled. If this occurs, a new appointment must be submitted after July 2, 2019.
- Please contact Arkansas Department of Insurance at email@example.com if you have a dispute regarding a specific appointment and documentation to verify you previously terminated the appointment. Disputes must be resolved prior to May 24, 2019.
Frequently Asked Questions
Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.
- Questions or inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes should be sent by e-mail to LicenseMail@arkansas.gov