State Requirements

Nevada / Non-Resident Licensing / Individual

Search Again Apply Now
  • Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
  • Fees are per application.
  • Additional Fees:
    • Amendment fee - $50.00 per application

Non-Res Producer/Producer Firm

  • Fee: $185.00
  • Reinstatement Fee: $310.00

Non-Resident Motor Club Agent

  • Fee: $138.00
  • Reinstatement Fee: $216.00

Non-Resident Surplus Lines Broker

  • Fee: $185.00
  • Reinstatement Fee: $310.00
  • Please note that license class names can vary by state.
  • Applications for Other lines of authority will defer to state for approval.

Non-Res Producer/Producer Firm

  • Life
  • Health
  • Variable Annuities / Variable Life
  • Casualty
  • Property
  • Personal Lines
  • Limited Rental Car
  • Limited Credit
  • Crop
  • Limited Travel Baggage
  • Portable Electronics
  • Personal Property Storage

Non-Resident Motor Club Agent

  • Motor Club

Non-Resident Surplus Lines Broker

  • No Line of Authority Required

Applicant Can

  • Submit initial license for individuals electronically.
  • Submit major lines of authority.
  • Submit limited lines of authority.
  • Submit surplus lines for individuals.
  • Add lines of authority (amend) to an existing active license.
  • Reinstate/reapply through NIPR's Non-Resident License (NRL) Application.
  • Print License electronically.

Business Rules

  • Applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years old or older as determined from

  • Applicants are not required to list affiliations on the Agency or Business Entity Affiliations section of the application. Information provided on the page will not be updated in the state’s system.the applicant's date of birth.

  • Applicant must not have an active resident license in Nevada.

  • Applicant must not already have an equivalent license for the requested Lines of Authority (LOAs) in the state.

  • Applicant must provide business email and address on the application. Address may not contain a P.O. Box.

  • Employment history must show at least five (5) years and be listed in order from current employer back five (5) years with no gaps.

  • Applicant with an active license that is thirty (30) days or less past expiration must late renew through the Non-Resident License Renewal (NRR) application.

  • All Surplus Lines Broker applications will defer for state review.

  • Applicants for the Variable Annuities / Variable Life Line of Authority must supply FINRA CRD number on application.

  • Applicants with an active Producer license with the Property or Casualty Line of Authority or Surplus Lines Broker License cannot obtain an Independent Adjuster, Public Adjuster, or Associate Adjuster License.

  • Applicant with an active Independent Adjuster, Public Adjuster, or Associate Adjuster license cannot apply for a Producer license with Property or Casualty Lines of Authority or apply for a Surplus Lines Broker license.

  • Non-Resident Surplus Lines Broker applicants must actively hold a Non-Resident Producer license with both Property and Casualty Lines of Authority.

  • If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse.

Contact Information

Mailing Address

Nevada Division of Insurance
Attention: Licensing Department
1818 East College Pkwy, Suite 103
Carson City, NV 89706
United States

Frequently Asked Questions

Online printing information can be found by going to NIPR's license print page and selecting the state.

Two Years

Submit an application along with a Letter of Clearance from your resident state and have fingerprints done

  • A Letter of Clearance may be requested when the resident producer is leaving the state and wishes to be licensed in another state. Letter of Clearance, please submit the Clearance Letter Form DOC 323 by faxing to 775-687-0797.

Pearson Vue 1-800- 274-2609