||Accepts adjuster renewals for individuals electronically.
||Accepts adjuster renewals for business entities electronically.
||Accepts Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) renewals electronically.
||Accepts partial renewals.
||Print licenses electronically.
* Business entities will renew using Non-Resident Renewals (NRR) rather than Non-Resident Adjuster Renewals (NRAR).
||Renewal Period Begins
||Late Renewal Period
||Seventy Five (75) days prior to expiration date
||Up to Thirty (30) days past expiration date
||Thirty-one (31) days to One (1) year past expiration date
Over One (1) year after license expiration, all individuals must reapply through NIPR's Non-Resident Adjuster License (NRAL) Application.
Please note: There may be a variance of a day or two between the effective date communicated in the email response generated from NIPR's online application and the actual effective date assigned by the state of Alabama. The actual effective date will be submitted to the Producer Database (PDB) and printed on your license. To verify the effective date, you may also visit the state.
Public adjusters are not licensed or regulated by the Alabama Department of Insurance. The Alabama State Bar takes the position that negotiating (or adjusting) claims on behalf of an insured directly with the insurer constitutes the practice of law.
Alabama Citizenship Law
- Under Ala. Act no. 2011-535, an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States and who is not defined as an alien eligible for public benefits under 8 U.S.C. § 1621(a) or 8 U.S.C. § 1641 shall not receive any state or local public benefits, including a professional or commercial license provided by an agency of state government.
- Any person who knowingly makes a false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation in a declaration of United States citizenship commits perjury in the second degree, a Class A misdemeanor punishable by a definite term of imprisonment in the county jail or to hard labor for the county of not more than one year and a definite fine not exceeding $6,000. Ala. Act no. 2011-535, § 7(h).
- Eligibility will be verified through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements program operated within the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Beginning on December 15, 2015, Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants and licensees. Proof may be submitted using this link: https://aldoi.gov/LicenseeCZ/Initial.aspx. Proof is required in accordance with the Beason-Hammon Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act. Citizenship verification is required of ALL APPLICANTS. There are sixteen different identifiers, including your official driver's license, any one of which can be used as proof. Your license will not be renewed or issued until this documentation is received. If information is not received within 10 days your application will be rejected. Please note: fees paid are non-refundable.
If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.
See NIPR's Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing (NRAL) Application for Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) rules.
Please check Announcements for any last minute notifications about the states to which you are applying.
Please note that license class names can vary by state.
||Line of Authority (LOA)
||Property & Casualty (excluding Workers' Compensation and Crop)
||Property & Casualty (including Workers' Compensation and Crop)
* Applications for Other lines of authority will defer to state for approval.
All applicants must renew all available active lines of authority. No partial renewals will be accepted.
Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.
|License Class / LOA Combination
||Renewal Fee *
||Late Renewal Fee up to 30 days past expiration*
||Reinstatement Fee – 31days to One Year past expiration*
|Adjuster / All LOA's
||$120.00 ($80.00 Renewal Fee + $40.00 Late Fee)
||$160.00 ($80.00 Renewal Fee + $80.00 Reissue Fee)
* Per application.
- Address Violation Fee - $50.00
No continuing education verified before application.
Last Update: 12/22/2016