NEBRASKA Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing for Individuals


State Announcements


The Licensing Division is transitioning our correspondence from mail to an email format. To ensure that you receive all future notifications please take a minute and verify the email address that you have on file with us or add an email address.  You can verify your email address, continuing education, or print your license online at



Effective July 19, 2018 Nebraska began issuing Public adjuster licenses. At that time Insurance Consultant licenses no longer include the authority to act as a public adjuster. Individuals who currently hold an active Insurance Consultant license in Nebraska and act as a public adjuster will need to reapply for the new public adjuster license.

Primary Rules (Individual)

Response Question
Yes Accepts adjuster for individuals electronically.
No Accepts adjuster for business entities electronically
No Accepts Adjuster Designated Home State (ADHS) electronically.
N/A Applicant can add lines of authority (amend) to an existing active license.
Yes Applicant can reinstate/reapply through NIPR's Non-Resident License (NRAL) Application.
Yes License printing available electronically.

* Business entities will apply through Non-Resident Licensing (NRL) rather than Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing (NRAL).

License Printing

To print your license, click the state on NIPR's Producer Licensing Map.

Business Rules (Individual)

Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.

Applicant must not have committed any act that is grounds for denial pursuant to Neb. Rev. Stat. § 44-9211

Applicant must show proof of financial responsibility with a $20,000 Surety Bond

You may apply online at and pay the license fee electronically, or you may submit a paper application by mail with a check for the appropriate license fee made payable to the Nebraska Department of Insurance.

  • Applicants must provide additional requirements to the state. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.

If the public adjuster is working under an agency, then that agency needs to also hold a Public Adjuster Business Entity license in Nebraska.

Public Adjuster licenses are issued to expire the last day of the month in the licensee's birth month. Individuals born in even numbered years renew their license at the end of their birth month in the even numbered years and individuals born in odd numbered years renew their license at the end of the their birth month in the odd numbered years.

If your Public Adjuster license is expired and it has been less than 30 days, you can late-renew it through the regular renewal process. A $40 late fee will be assessed on late renewals. If the license has been expired for over 30 days but less than a year you can reinstate the license by submitting a new application, $50 application fee, and the $40 late fee.

If applicant responds "Yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse. The documents may also be submitted to the state via mail, email, or fax.

Details regarding Neb. Rev. Stat. §§ 44-9201 through 44-9219 can be found at

Please check Announcements for any last minute notifications about the states to which you are applying.

State Offerings (Individual)

Please note that license class names can vary by state.

License Class Line of Authority (LOA) Passing Exam Required before Application
Public Adjuster No Lines Yes

License Fees (Individual)

Fees shown are state fees only. These fees do not include NIPR transaction fees.

License Class / LOA Combination Fee * Reinstatement Fee * (31 days to 1 year past expiration)
Public Adjuster/ None $50.00 $90.00 ($40.00 reinstatement fee + $50.00 license fee)

* Per application.


Last Update: 11/28/2018