Partial renewals are allowed. Applicant must select all lines they wish to continue to hold on their Arkansas license during renewal.
Late renewals are allowed if:
- after license expiration date and
- up to 12 months past license expiration date
If the application is for the surplus lines agency license class:
- Please note that this Designated Responsible Licensed Producer (DRLP) must have at least one DRLP licensed with an active Arkansas surplus lines insurance producer license class.
- The surplus lines agency DRLP will load to SBS as the affiliation.
Applicants renewing the title agency license class must provide a DRLP who holds an active title line of authority in the state of Arkansas.
Other than surplus lines agency and the title agency license class, a DRLP is not mandatory on business entity renewal applications. Business entity applicants may enter a DRLP if they choose to, but please note the following validations will apply:
- All DRLPs must cumulatively cover all lines of authority (LOAs) being requested.
- The DRLP must have an active license in the state of Arkansas.
- Exceptions to this rule include:
- Surplus Lines Agency
- Car Rental Agency
- Portable Electronics
- Portable Electronics – Limited
- Reinsurance Intermediaries Manager
- Self Service Storage Insurance
- Title Agency
- Life Settlement Broker Business Entity
- Life Settlement Provider Business Entity
Renewal for the crop adjuster license class is not required if original license effective date on PDB is between August 1 and September 30 of the same year the renewal is due.
Title agency renewal is not due if obtained after August 1 annually.
Surplus lines agency renewal is not due if obtained after November 1 annually. Arkansas does not have a renewal grace period. The renewal is due on the expiration date of the license.
Arkansas does not have a renewal grace period. The renewal is due on the expiration date of the license.