January 18, 2018
District of Columbia Appointment Renewal for 2018
The District of Columbia (DC), Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB) will provide electronic appointment renewal processing with the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Termination requests for individual appointments that are not to be renewed must be processed before 4:00 PM CST Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
- Please choose one of the electronic payment options for payments to NIPR as instructed on the web-site.
- On March 6, 2018 the NIPR website will display the invoices and a list of appointments due for the renewal.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM CDT, May 31, 2018.
- All appointments added between January 1st and April 30th will not need to be renewed this year.
- Appointment and Termination transactions submitted after February 27, 2018 will not be reflected on the 2018 invoices.
IMPORTANT RECONCILIATION INFORMATION
- Insurance carriers with an NAIC CoCode wishing to reconcile company appointments with the state insurance department may obtain a list of appointments via the Company Appointment Report (CAR) prior to appointment renewal invoices being created. Terminations can be made through the Interactive Appointment and Termination Application. Both of these applications are available to NIPR Subscribers. If you are not a subscriber or need to verify that you are subscribed to these products, please contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or email@example.com for subscription information. You may also utilize the services of an NIPR Authorized Business Partner http://www.nipr.com/general/business-partners.htm.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments for the District of Columbia Appointment Renewals must be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available
NOTE: NO PAPER CHECKS:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them.
- Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company.
- NIPR is not responsible for any renewal late fees incurred during this period
NIPR Transaction Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal 1% of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5.00 and maximum of $1000.00.
# of appts Price Total
100 $25.00 $2500.00
Transaction fee is 1% of $2500.00 or $25.00
|District of Columbia State Appointment Renewal Fees
|March 6, 2018
||May 31, 2018
|Payment Method and other Fees
||No processing fee
||If you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) the process will be entirely electronic. Please note there is a $60,000 limit on Credit Card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service. An appropriate receipt will be displayed for you to print for your records.
||There are no check processing fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method but NIPR transactions fees will apply
- A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services
- If your bank needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
- There is a $25.00 returned check charge for any electronic check that does not clear the applicant’s bank. Additionally, the state will be notified if any issue with payment is not promptly resolved, possibly resulting in non-renewal of appointments or a reversal of renewals, until payment is made.
||No processing fee
NIPR processing fees are not refundable
Process after March 7, 2018 when the electronic invoices are on the website is:
If you have any questions regarding this new appointment renewal process, contact:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company Cocode, FEIN, and/or company name
- After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML.
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.