Test exams are provided by Pearson Vue.
Montana exams are valid for one (1) year from the exam date.
Variable Contracts applicants must supply FINRA CRD number on application.
Public Adjusters are required to post surety bond of $5000. Please submit by email or fax to the state.
Non-citizens of the U.S. must show proof of U.S. work authorization.
Producer, Consultant, Funeral, Surety Bail, Adjuster, Public Adjuster, Crop Adjuster, amendment applicants: After one year of receiving initial license, applicant will be deferred for fingerprint check by MT DOI.
Applicant may not actively hold or apply for:
- Producer Life and Producer Viatical lines of authority (LOAs) at the same time.
- Producer Life and Funeral at the same time.
- Adjuster and Public Adjuster at the same time.
- Crop Adjuster and Public Adjuster at the same time.
- Portable Electronics Small Vendor and Portable Electronics Large Vendor at the same time.
- Viatical Settlement Broker and Producer Viatical at the same time.
Applicant must actively hold:
- Producer Life if applying for Producer Viatical LOA.
- Producer Life if applying for Producer Variable LOA.
- Producer/Property and Casualty if applying for Surplus Lines.
- Producer Disability / Health if applying for Certified Exchange Producer.
- A Producer license, with any LOA, if applying for Managing General Agents.
Rental Vehicle Entity applicants are required to submit quarterly filing.
If applicant responds "yes" to one of the background questions please submit supporting documents electronically via NIPR's Attachments Warehouse
. The documents may also be submitted to the state
via mail, email, or fax.