Oklahoma Appointment Renewals Announcement for 2017
Oklahoma will process all appointment renewals electronically through the National Insurance Producer Registry in 2017.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com.
- Termination notices for individual appointments that you do not wish to renew must be received by NIPR no later than October 26th, 2017 to allow sufficient time for processing and posting to PDB before the renewal billings are created.
- On November 24th, 2017, the NIPR website will display the invoice and a list of appointments due for renewal.
- Appointment renewal fees will be due by 4 P.M. central time December 29th, 2017 for all insurance producers listed on the invoice.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate or cross-off any names from the invoice.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after December 29th, 2017.
- All appointments will be canceled if the invoice is not paid by December 29th, 2017.
- Appointments will not be renewed if payment is less than invoice total.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
NOTE: NO PAPER CHECKS:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them. Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company. Therefore, you may not receive the refunded check before the payment deadline.
- Oklahoma will terminate all appointments that have not been paid by close of business on December 29th, 2017.
- Oklahoma does not issue refunds.
NIPR Transaction Fees
The NIPR transaction fee will equal 1% of the total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of a $1,000.00.
Payment Method and other Fees
- Credit Card
- State fee is $30 per appointment, per company
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover are accepted
- Electronic Check (there are no processing fees for electronic check payment method but NIPR transaction fees still apply)
- Please note there is a $60,000.00 limit on credit card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000.00, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service.
- A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services.
- If your account needs pre-authorization to use this electronic check service, you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
- There is a $25.00 returned check charge for each electronic check that does not clear the applicant's bank; additionally, the state will be notified if any issue with payment is not promptly resolved, possibly resulting in a non-renewal of appointments or a reversal of renewals, until payment is received.
No Funds Received
Failure to renew Producer and Agency appointments by December 29th, 2017 will result in the Oklahoma Insurance Department terminating the appointments. Manual re-appointment of each license is required by carriers that miss this deadline.
Process beginning November 24th, 2017 when the electronic invoices are on the website:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com.
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company Cocode, FEIN, and/or company name.
- After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
- Appointments are renewed on an annual basis for individuals and business entities in Oklahoma.
- All producer and agencies with active appointments in PDB, as of October 26, 2017, will be included on the appointment renewal invoices for companies that have active licenses in Oklahoma.
- There is no "black-out" period for Oklahoma appointments and appointment terminations. Carriers can continue to submit changes throughout the renewal period.
If you have any questions regarding the appointment renewal process, contact: