Oklahoma Appointment Renewals Announcement for 2016
The Oklahoma Department of Insurance will provide electronic appointment renewal processing for Resident and Non Resident Producer, Resident and Non Resident Producer Firm, Resident and Non Resident Managing General Agent, Resident and Non Resident Managing General Agency, Resident and Non Resident Limited Lines Producer, Resident and Non Resident Limited Lines Producer Firm, Resident and Non Resident Pre-Paid Legal, Resident and Non Resident Pre-Paid Legal Firm, Resident and Non- Resident Title, Resident and Non- Resident Title Firm, Resident and Non Resident Motor Service Club Agency, and Resident and Non Resident Motor Service Club Agent through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Electronic processing through NIPR is mandatory and renewals should not be sent directly to the Oklahoma Insurance Department.
- The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com.
- Terminations for all Producer and Agency appointments must be received by NIPR no later than 4PM CST October 28th, 2016 to allow sufficient time for processing and posting to National Producer Database (PDB) before the renewal billings are created.
- On November 24, 2016, the NIPR website will post the renewal invoice and a list of all appointments due for Producers and Agencies.
- Customers will not be allowed to remove any names from the invoice after it has been created.
- Invoice payments are due on or before December 30, 2016.
- Invoices will not be displayed on the NIPR website after December 30, 2016.
- All appointments will be terminated if the invoice is not paid by December 30, 2016.
- Appointments will not be renewed if payment is less than the invoice total.
IMPORTANT RECONCILIATION INFORMATION
Insurance carriers with an NAIC CoCode wishing to reconcile company appointments with the Oklahoma Insurance Department may obtain a list of their active appointments via the Company Appointment Report (CAR) prior to appointment renewal invoices being created. Terminations can be made through the Interactive Appointment and Termination Application. Both of these applications are available to NIPR Subscribers. If you are not a subscriber or need to verify that you are subscribed to these products, please contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or firstname.lastname@example.org for subscription information. You may also utilize the services of an NIPR Authorized Business Partner http://www.nipr.com/index_authorized_business_partners.htm.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments for Oklahoma Appointment Renewals MUST be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available.
NOTE: PAPER CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them. NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company, since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account. NIPR and the Oklahoma Insurance Department are not responsible for non-renewed appointments for invoices not paid by the December 30th deadline.
NIPR Transaction Fees
The NIPR transaction fee will equal 1% of the total state fees charged with a minimum of $5.00 and a maximum of a $1,000.00.
Oklahoma State Appointment Renewal Fees
Appointment renewal state fee will be $30.00 per appointment per company.
Payment Method and other Fees
- Credit Card
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover are accepted
- Electronic Check (there are no processing fees for electronic check payment method but NIPR transaction fees still apply)
- Please note there is a $60,000.00 limit on credit card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000.00, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service.
- A few banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services.
- If your account needs pre-authorization to use this electronic check service, you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
- There is a $25.00 returned check charge for each electronic check that does not clear the applicant’s bank; additionally, the state will be notified if any issue with payment is not promptly resolved, possibly resulting in a non-renewal of appointments or a reversal of renewals, until payment is received.
No Funds Received
Failure to renew Producer and Agency appointments by December 30, 2016 will result in the Oklahoma Insurance Department terminating the appointments. Manual re-appointment of each license is required by carriers that miss this deadline.
Process beginning November 24, 2016 when invoices are made available on the website:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company Cocode, FEIN, and/or company name.
- After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
If you have any questions regarding this appointment renewal process, contact:
- Appointments are renewed on an annual basis for individuals and business entities in Oklahoma.
- All producer and agencies with active appointments in PDB, as of October 28, 2016, will be included on the appointment renewal invoices for companies that have active licenses in Oklahoma.
- There is no “black-out” period for Oklahoma appointments and appointment terminations. Carriers can continue to submit changes throughout the renewal period.
If you have any questions regarding this new appointment renewal process, contact:
NIPR Customer Service at email@example.com