North Dakota Appointment Renewals for 2017
North Dakota will process all appointment renewals electronically through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) in 2017.
The NIPR website is: www.nipr.com
- Termination notices for individual appointments that you do not wish to renew must be received by NIPR no later than February 23, 2017 to allow sufficient time for processing and posting to PDB before the renewal billings are created.
- On March 1, 2017, the NIPR website will display the invoice and a list of appointments due for renewal.
- Appointment renewal fees will be due by 4:00 PM central time April 28, 2017 for all insurance producers listed on the invoice.
- Companies will not be allowed to terminate or cross-off any names from the invoice.
- Invoices will no longer be displayed on the NIPR website after 4:00 PM central time April 28, 2017.
- All appointments will be canceled if the invoice is not paid by 4:00 PM central time April 28, 2017.
- Current lists of appointments are available on the North Dakota website (www.nd.gov/ndins).
- Appointments will not be renewed if payment is less than invoice total.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments for North Dakota Appointment Renewals must be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available. If you are unable to process appointment renewals electronically, please contact ND DOI, Stephanie Butz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: NO PAPER CHECKS:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment refunded to them
- Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a refund check to your company.
- Therefore, you may not receive the refunded check before the payment deadline.
- North Dakota will terminate all appointments that have not been paid by 4:00 PM on April 28, 2017.
- North Dakota does not issue refunds
NIPR Transaction Fees
1% of total state appointment fee. (Minimum of $5 and a maximum of $1,000).
North Dakota State Appointment Renewal Fees
Appointment renewal state fee will be $10.00 per appointment per company.
Payment Method and other Fees
Visa, MasterCard or American Express
Please note there is a $60,000.00 limit on Credit Card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000.00, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service.
There are no check processing fees for utilizing the electronic check payment method but NIPR transactions fees will apply
Some banks or credit unions may not participate in electronic check services
If your bank needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH-9431763793.
NIPR processing fees are not refundable
Process beginning March 1, 2017 the electronic invoices are on the website:
On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company Cocode, FEIN, and/or company name
After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
Print/Pay the Invoice
View the detail report of appointment renewals
Print the Report
Download the Report as text (delimited)
Download the Report as XML.
Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.
IMPORTANT RECONCILIATION INFORMATION
Insurance carriers with an NAIC CoCode wishing to reconcile company appointments with the state insurance department may obtain a list of appointments via the Company Appointment Report (CAR) prior to appointment renewal invoices being created. Terminations can be made through the Interactive Appointment and Termination Application. Both of these applications are available to NIPR Subscribers. If you are not a subscriber or need to verify that you are subscribed to these products, please contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or email@example.com for subscription information. You may also utilize the services on an NIPR Authorized Business Partner).
If you have any questions regarding the appointment renewal process, contact:
NIPR Customer Service at (855) 674-NIPR (6477) or firstname.lastname@example.org
North Dakota Insurance Department – Stephanie Butz at email@example.com