Alabama Pre-Need Appointment Renewal for 2017
Alabama will process most of their appointment renewals electronically through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
Pre-need Sales Agent Appointment Renewals:
- Pre-Need Sales Agent appointments will be available for renewal beginning May 1st, 2017 through the NIPR website. The NIPR website will have the renewal invoice and a list of appointment renewals due for renewal for Pre-Need Sales Agent appointments.
- All Pre-Need Sales Agent appointments not terminated on PDB as of April 21st, 2017 will be considered continued and will be reflected on invoices created.
- It is highly recommended that terminations be completed prior to April 1st, 2017 to ensure the terminations are processed and posted on PDB
- Payment of the invoice for Pre-Need Sales Agent appointments is due on or before June 30th, 2017, in the amount indicated for Pre-Need Sales agent appointments. Failure to remit payment by the due date may result in administrative action by the department against the insurer. Appointments for Preneed Sales Agents that have not been renewed by June 30th, 2017 will be cancelled by ALDOI.
- Electronic payment options chosen through NIPR will immediately reflect the invoices as paid and NIPR will forward payment and renewal transactions to Alabama within 24 hours of that payment.
To view the Current appointment lists on ALDOI website:
ALDOI website: (www.aldoi.gov). Click on "Company Search" under the Company section. Enter your company name or NAIC Number and click the submit button. Find your company in the list and click "Appointments" to obtain a list of active appointments. Appointments cannot be terminated from ALDOI's or SBS's website.
IMPORTANT RECONCILIATION INFORMATION
Insurance carriers with an NAIC CoCode wishing to reconcile company appointments with the state insurance department may obtain a list of appointments via the Company Appointment Report (CAR) prior to appointment renewal invoices being created. Terminations can be made through the Interactive Appointment and Termination Application. Both of these applications are available to NIPR Subscribers. If you are not a subscriber or need to verify that you are subscribed to these products, please contact NIPR at 816-783-8467 or email@example.com for subscription information. You may also utilize the services of an NIPR Authorized Business Partner http://www.nipr.com/authorized_business_partners.htm.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
Payments for Alabama Appointment Renewals MUST be received by NIPR through the Electronic Options made available.
- If you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) the process will be entirely electronic. An appropriate receipt will be displayed for you to print for your records.
- If you are paying by Electronic Check (Paper check payments will not be accepted) some banks or companies may require a pre-authorization to use the electronic check service. If you need to set up this service with your financial institution, this NIPR ACH-ID will be required: ACH-ID - 9431763793.
NOTE: NO PAPER CHECKS:
- Companies that submit a payment to NIPR via paper check will not have their renewal invoice processed and will have the payment returned to them
- Since receipt of a paper check is through a lock box account, NIPR may take several days to post the paper check and issue a return check to your company.
- NIPR is not responsible if late fees or non-renewal terminations are incurred during this period
NIPR Transaction Fees
NIPR Renewal processing fee will equal 1% of the total state fee charged with a minimum of $5.00 and maximum of $1000.00.
# of appointments
|State Fee per Appointment Renewal
||Total State Appointment Renewal Fee
NIPR Transaction fee would be 1% of the State Appointment Renewal Fee of $1000.00 = $10.00
|Alabama Appointment Renewal Fees
|May 1, 2017
||June 30, 2017
||Pre-Need Sales Agent $25/appointment
|Payment Method and other Fees
||If you are paying by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) the process will be entirely electronic. Please note there is a $60,000.00 limit on Credit Card payments. If your invoice exceeds $60,000.00, you must choose an alternative payment method. If you have questions regarding the other methods, please call NIPR Customer Service.
- Customers using the Pay by Check method should know that funds must be drawn on a U.S., Puerto Rican or U.S. Virgin Islands financial institution.
- An appropriate receipt will be displayed for you to print and file.
- If your account needs a pre-authorization to use this electronic check service, you will need to provide your financial institution with this information: NIPR ACH - 9431763793.
- There is a $25.00 returned check charge for any electronic check that does not clear the applicant's bank. Additionally, the state will be notified if any issue with payment is not promptly resolved, possibly resulting in non-renewal of appointments or a reversal of renewals, until payment is made.
NIPR processing fees are not refundable
The process after May 1, 2017 when the electronic invoices are on the website is:
If you have any questions regarding this new appointment renewal process, contact:
- On the Internet, go to www.nipr.com
- Follow the links to company appointment renewals and sign-in using your company identifiers: company Cocode, FEIN, and/or company name
- After entering the necessary identifying information, you can:
- Print/Pay the Invoice
- View the detail report of appointment renewals
- Print the Report
- Download the Report as text (delimited)
- Download the Report as XML.
- Help screens and NIPR Customer Support are available to guide you through the process.